CafeMom Tickers

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Family!

This summer is flying by! I can't believe July is almost over. We've had some really nice visits this summer. First, Weston and Mama drove with aunt Janell





to visit grandpa Roland and Grandma Judy. It was tough seeing grandpa, but I'm glad we brought Weston because it seemed to perk him up. I was a little worried because he's going through stranger anxiety and I was a little concerned that grandpa might set him off, but luckily he was all smiles. We had a nice time with grandma, and we left with a new favorite toy- a green plastic salad spoon! I forgot to bring toys for Weston, so grandma got creative and dug through her kitchen drawers for things for Weston to play with. She even managed to find some cars, but the only thing he wanted was that silly spoon. I keep it in the car with me now for emergencies, LOL.
We also had a nice visit with GGma and GGpa. Once again Weston was all smiles, (even with GGpa's booming voice). He had fun crawling on GGpa and "walking" with him.
We spent Fourth of July at my godparents house and got to visit with their daughter Heather who lives in Chicago. We had a yummy BBQ in their backyard and tried to stay cool in the 90+ degree heat. My godfather Ed builds model trains and has a large one that runs on a track around his backyard. Weston had a good time watching it go around and around, it was pretty cool.


Lastly, we had family in town from Holland. It was my mom's cousin, and his wife and youngest daughter. They stayed with my aunt Jeannette in the Valley, but we were able to spend a few days with them before they went back home this last week.



We wish we could make one more trip up to Sac this summer, but it looks like that's probably not going to happen. (We miss you guys!) But, we're looking forward to seeing everyone in October for Weston's first (first?!) Birthday.





- Posted using BlogPressss from my iPhone

3 comments:

Brandi and Anthony Sigona said...

Great visits! Wish we could see you guys again too! Love you! Weston looks sooo much bigger!

Lacey said...

Looks like fun! Yay for more sac trips this summer! Love you guys for doing all of the traveling this year!!

Grandpa + GramariO said...

Weston has such a great smile. He is going to be a very busy one-year old!